soma311 said: respond with 10 facts about you, then send to 10 of your favorite followers.
Short answers for longer paragraphs in bold
1. I once lied to a friend on a trip and told her to her face that I had never heard her snore. She actually snored kind of a lot. I felt really guilty because I knew that if I snored I would want someone to tell me. By the end of the trip my guilt had won out and I was completely convinced that I was snoring up a storm and talking in my sleep at night (especially since I had started dreaming about other trip mates and I worried that I was saying their names). I demanded the truth from roommates and when they said they hadn’t heard anything, I was convinced that they were lying to me like I had lied before. I finally had to buy an app for my phone that records noises it hears at night so I could know for sure. (By the way: no, I don’t snore, but sometimes I sigh and it’s pretty damn cute)
2. I’m really glad that I ended up majoring in the humanities. When I went into college I thought that it was just a marathon to a piece of paper at the finish line, but I learned throughout my education that universities are not tech schools and they shouldn’t be treated as such. And in terms of career tracks, I know that science majors like to make fun of us but we learn a lot of all-encompassing skills in communication and analysis that are applicable in COUNTLESS fields.
3. I accidentally killed my best friend’s betta fish and hid it for like three months and then I told her that he “just died, like, a week ago.” No. I’m a dirty rotten liar and I killed a fish that was NAMED AFTER OBAMA.
4. When I look in a mirror, ESPECIALLY in a bathroom, I prefer to have all the doors that I can see in it closed because oftentimes I’m convinced that a serial killer is going to pop up behind me in the mirror when I glance away, so I want to make it difficult for them to do this.
5. I can’t do horror. I hate scary movies. I have been to one haunted house in my life and at one point I realized that I was being closely followed by a Jigsaw look-a-like on a tricycle. At that point, I screamed and took off running and I had absolutely no intention of stopping - I essentially tried to abandon my whole group. My friend had to grab me and pin me to a wall to keep me from sprinting all the way to the end. I had NEVER EVEN SEEN ANY OF THE SAW MOVIES but I was beyond terrified of Jigsaw anyways just because fuck him, that’s why.
6. I have a problem with food textures. Sometimes conflicting textures and new foods will make me gag and spit up involuntarily and I can’t finish my meal after that. I think this might be a quiet but major reason why I don’t date very much at all.
7. I’m really excited to be one of somebody’s favorite followers. It makes me happy inside.
8. I think my childhood dog is the greatest thing that has happened to me so far. I learned so much over the ten years that we had her and I miss her very much. I got to keep her collar and sometimes I hold it and I talk to her and kiss it.
9. I have never moved houses and I’ve had the same bedroom for my entire life.
10. One of my greatest fears is growing old without ever being able to find something that I’m desperately passionate about.